This marks the beginning of my Tuesday Top Ten posts.
This week I’ve gone for Top Ten Favourite Quotes do far because I’m sure the list will change with time as I enjoy more books.
- Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes. – The Fellowship of the Rings by J. R.R. Tolkien.
- The Court of Dreams. The people who knew that there was a price, and one worth paying, for that dream. – A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas.
- You endure what is unbearable, andyou bear it. That’s all. – The Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare.
- What a slut time is. She screws with everybody. – The Fault in our Stars by John Green.
- I wished for her to find raisins instead of chocolate chips in her cookies. Every day. For the rest of her life. – The Crystal Whisperer by Camilla Monk.
- It had never occurred to me that my flaws could be strengths in a different context. – Beautiful Broken Things by Sara Barnard.
- It was books that made me feel that perhaps i was not completely alone. – The Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.
- So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past. – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- In his blue gardens men and girls came and went like moths among the whisperings and the champagne and the stars. – The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
- We all bear scars, Dorian. Mine just happen to be more visible than most. – Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
What are some of your favourite quotes?
Until next week.