Day 10 – Put Your Music on Shuffle and Write the First 10 Songs
Anyone that knows me knows that as well as my books, my great love is singing. I don’t think I’m good at it but I love singing out loudly (the louder, the better it comes out). Long drives are the best because it very quickly turns into a live show featuring yours truly. for this prompt, I just stuck my Spotify on shuffle and this is the result. I’m quite happy with the little playlist it created. Maybe it will be turned into a new CD for my car.
- Beautiful Trauma – P!nk
- This has turned into one of those songs that I’m going to listen to constantly until I can’t stand to listen to it anymore. P!nk is great, so many amazing songs and so many feels.
- Bitter Water – The Oh Hellos
- Another band that my little brother introduced me to. There are so many great songs from them, but this is among my favourites.
- Gay Pirates – Cosmo Jarvis
- Such a happy, upbeat song with really disturbing lyrics. Great song though. My little brother introduced me to Cosmo Jarvis years ago, his music reminds me a lot of Newton Faulkner’s music which I love.
- Carry on Wayward Son – Kansas
- Supernatural fans; you all know.
- Over My Head (Cable Car) – The Fray
- There will always be a soft spot in my heart for The Fray.
- We Know the Way – Moana Original Motion Picture
- Everyone loves a little bit of Disney in their life. Moana was a fantastic movie and the soundtrack really made the movie (and the Rock ofc)
- Numb/Encore – Linkin Park
- It always makes me sad to think about Chester Bennington. Linkin Park made so much music that just understood people and the horrible things they were going through. Truly heartbreaking.
- Ain’t No Rest for the Wicked – Cage The Elephant
- I love this song because it makes me think of the Amazon original show, Lucifer, which is sassy and sexy and hilarious.
- Iris – The Goo Goo Dolls
- A rather depressing song but one I love nonetheless
- The Artist In The Ambulance – Thrice
- Such an underrated song, reminds me of a time before Borders closed and all the Glaswegian goths used to hang out at the back of Borders and the GoMA.
It is a bit of a mismatched taste in music and I think this represents my taste in music quite well.
See you tomorrow for 11!